http://www.mediafire.com/?n3mjnijtzfi

Friday, December 10, 2010

12-5-2010

A friend posted tonight that she’s expecting bifocals for Christmas. Her eye doctor told her she’s “reached that age.” That age for me was 37. What can I say, I’m an early bloomer! My doctor was kind enough to blame it on my contacts, which are for distance. Yeah, o.k., I’ll go with that. A couple of years later, Dr. Billy Moses noticed my vision problem. Ever the kind gentleman, all he said was “Mrs. Jackson, are your arms not long enough?” Let the record show, I was attempting to read some small writing that he couldn’t read. If you know him, you know he’s an absolutely wonderful man to work with! Still, it was like the proverbial blind leading the blind! I’ve recently worked with another doctor with the same problem, we both have arms that are too short. Eventually, it becomes funny when we are both attempting to hold an item further and further away, and still neither of us can see it. When I was younger, I would see ladies wearing reading glasses and think, “That will NEVER be me.” Now I not only appreciate the usefulness of “readers”, I embrace the opportunity to accessorize! If you’re going downhill, you might as well go in style. Bring on the rhinestones.

3 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying all your writing, just want to have a hard copy so I can take it to the sofa with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you! For the last year, at least, I've been having more and more trouble with my eyes. Of course I still haven't done anything about it but will soon....maybe. I hate going to any kind of Dr. Maybe I'll try the reading glasses and accessorize!! They have some cute ones at CVS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading glasses from the store do work, but you need your eyes checked! You know me, the nurse.

    ReplyDelete