http://www.mediafire.com/?n3mjnijtzfi

Friday, December 10, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Plans change, noses run! Rob and I originally planned to spend Thanksgiving with my dad and (step)mom at Lorene’s house. Lorene is such a “character”. She reminds me of Paula Deen. Funny, outspoken, spunky, and just altogether awesome. I like to imagine, while I listen to and observe her, that I’m seeing a pretty accurate image of what I’ll be when I’m a few years older.

Well, since I became the queen of drippy noses today, I decided to stay home and not share the microbes with others! You can thank me, when you stop by to admire the impressive stack of discarded tissues that will be covering the entire house before sundown. So, in the interest of our community’s wellbeing ,I am at home alone, quarantined-ish. Well, not totally alone. I have Gabe, Ava, (normally, Mugsy’s name falls here), Minnie Kittie and Sheldon Zazzle. I’ve had furballs running by, over and around all day. I really wanted to get to see my family, but just didn’t think it fair to visit friends and family knowing that I’m sick and still contagious. Not to mention, I'd be walking around with tissues stuffed in my nose to control bodily secretions. You know, tissues packed in each nostril just isn’t a good look for me, and can you imagine the rumors that could start? Well, if you live in a small town, you can imagine. If not, let me help you. Just a few: “Have you seen Christy? She has this weird tissue stuff sticking out of her nose, looks to me like that cheap stuff too. You know those ¢89 boxes they sell at Wal Mart! CHEAP. Guess that’s all she can afford since she *whispers* quit her job. She should have let her plastic surgeon finish, or at least start, all that cosmetic work on her nose before she quit! I mean, bless her heart, her nose still looks huge and bent, and now she can’t afford to fix it!! "

Staying home on Thanksgiving has is benefits, but it’s not without its drawbacks, like getting hungry. So, around lunch, I requested a to-go plate from the diner (my mom’s house) next door. It was delivered with a smile and an offer to help with ANYTHING I may need while the hubby is away. When I cancelled plans with my dad, Rob decided at the last minute, to go visit his mom, specifically his nieces. Word on the street, actually from him, is that he had an awesome time with everyone! So glad he went. I won’t lie, it’s been a little odd spending the day attached to the sofa, wondering if I may end up on an episode of “Hoarders” after just one weekend of illness. They’ll come to film the show at our house. The camera crew will trip over 2 enormous baskets of unfolded clothes, and find me under approximately 9 billion feet of used, cheap toilet paper. Toilet paper? Yes, we’re out of facial tissues/Kleenex. OWWWWW. My nose is raw.

I couldn’t have worded it better myself: A nose in need, needs Puffs indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment